今天的食谱,因为它只是感觉相当合适dipped below 50 degrees here in Chicago. Since I refuse to turn on the heat just yet, Milly and I are both snuggled under a blanket cuddling. Brrrrr.
P.S. Feel free to check out all of our delicious soup recipes就在这儿！！
Today’s recipe was inspired by traditional African peanut stew, a delicious dish my mom used to always rave about that her friend Ana would make. Peanut stew is usually made with chicken, peanut butter, tomatoes or tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, onion, ginger and something spicy like cayenne or chili peppers. Each version is different, rich and delicious when soaked up with naan bread or served over rice.
This peanut butter pumpkin chicken soup is made with just a few ingredients you likely have in you pantry and makes for the creamiest, coziest soup recipe perfect for cool fall or winter nights. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make the soup:
- 无骨皮肤的鸡胸：you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you’d like.
- 轻便椰奶：creamy轻便椰奶gives the soup an amazing texture and subtle sweetness while keeping it dairy free.
- 南瓜泥：展示的明星给这种花生酱鸡汤一个美妙的秋季味道。随便使用canned pumpkin pureeor make your own with这个tutorial!
- Low sodium chicken broth:添加鸡汤gives the soup the right consistency and amount of liquid.
- 新鲜磨碎的姜：there’s nothing better than freshly grated ginger for a delicious flavor boost.
- Garlic:gotta have garlic to pair with the sweetness of the coconut milk & peanut butter.
- Cayenne：添加一个捏cayennefor some heat (or skip it if you’re sensitive to spice).
What does peanut butter pumpkin chicken soup taste like?
This soup has flavors of traditional pumpkin soup with a hint of peanut butter flavor, creamy sweet coconut and a hint of spice thanks to cayenne. It’s unique and delicious at the same time!
How to make this peanut butter pumpkin soup on the stovetop
If you’d like to make this soup on the stovetop, you absolutely can. Here’s how to do it:
- After 20-25 minutes, remove chicken with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to the pot and stir. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve as directed in recipe.
- 制作素食主义者：use vegetarian broth and two cans of drained chickpeas instead of chicken.
- Add veggies:I like to stir in 1 cup frozen peas, a few cups of spinach or julienned bell peppers at the end and allow the soup to cook in the slow cooker for 10-15 more minutes.
- 加上它：make it a little spicy with an extra shake of cayenne pepper or serve with some crushed red pepper flakes.
I hope you love this slow cooker pumpkin peanut butter chicken soup! If you make it be sure to leave a comment & a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
- 1(15 ounce)可以轻轻椰奶
- 1(15 ounce)can pumpkin puree
- 1½.杯low-sodium chicken broth
- 1tablespoonfreshly grated ginger
- ½茶匙cayenne (use only ¼ teaspoon if you don’t like things as spicy)
- 1yellow onion, diced
- Roasted chopped peanuts
- Cooked brown rice
Add light coconut milk, chicken broth, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to the bowl of a slow cooker. Whisk together until smooth and well combined. Next add in boneless skinless chicken breast and diced onion. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
Once done cooking, remove chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks, then add back to the slow cooker. Ladle into bowls, then garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts. Optional to serve the soup over brown rice or quinoa. Serves 6.
制作素食主义者：use vegetarian broth and two cans of drained chickpeas instead of chicken.
Feel free to add veggies:I like to stir in 1 cup frozen peas, a few cups of spinach or julienned bell peppers at the end and allow the soup to cook in the slow cooker for 10-15 more minutes.